COVID-19 (Coronavirus) FAQ's
To all our customers,
Out of courtesy, we are aiming to keep you informed during these unprecedented times by updating this page as and when we receive further government advice.
At Doorway To Value, for 55 years, our mission has been to deliver a customer experience deserving of recommendation – and rest assured, that will continue. However, during this time the safety and health of our customers, colleagues and communities is our first priority.
Please see below frequently asked questions:
Q. Is your store open?
Unfortunately, our store is temporarily closed. We were operating normally until Monday 23rd March when the government instructed all non-essential stores to close with immediate effect. That’s three weeks ago and we’re hoping for positive news soon. In the meantime, you can access our current offers via our website and we look forward to welcoming you into store just as soon as the government say it is safe.
If you want help to buy online or by phone then please email [email protected] with your name, postcode and telephone number and we will be in contact.
Q. You had contacted me about arranging delivery of my furniture?
In that case, your furniture is currently safely stored in our warehouse. On that basis, we promise to get it to you as soon as the government allows us to recommence delivery.
If you want to get in contact regarding delivery please email [email protected] with your name, postcode and order number.
Q. I placed an order but have not been contacted regarding delivery?
Please be reassured your order remains in the pipeline. In all likelihood, because of the delay to pretty much every supplier, we are currently estimating one month’s delay. Over the past 55 years we have built meaningful relationships with our trusted suppliers and we expect this goodwill will help us secure the earliest delivery possible. Just as soon as our suppliers return to manufacturing your wonderful furniture, we will be in touch to confirm a delivery date.
Q. What precautions are your delivery teams taking to prevent the spread of COVID- 19?
Our delivery teams take the health and safety of our customers very seriously.
- Any staff with symptoms of COVID-19 - or staff who live in a household with someone with symptoms - have been instructed not to come into work.
- We have issued strict instructions on good handwashing techniques and have issued all of our employees with hand sanitiser.
- Our employees will wear disposable gloves when making deliveries to your property.
- We will not be wearing masks because we are following the advice of the World Health Organisation which advises that masks should only be worn when caring for someone with suspected COVID-19 infection or by those who are sick and showing symptoms of infection.
- We will maintain a 2m distance between us during delivery and would be grateful if you could respect this too.
- Finally, we will not carry out deliveries to households who are self-isolating.
Q. I had a home visit booked?
We will rearrange the technician’s visit as soon as it is safe to do so. In the meantime you can contact us on [email protected] if you have any queries (please don’t forget to include your name and postcode).
Q. Is my deposit safe?
Please be reassured we have been a family business for 55 years and during this time we have bought our store, warehouse and vehicles. Unlike others, this means we don’t have expensive rents to pay! In our opinion we are the UK’s most secure furniture retailer.
For 55 years, our mission has been to deliver a customer experience deserving of recommendation - and rest assured, that will continue.
Please take care and stay safe.
Sincere thanks for your patience and continued support during this time.
Carl Everitt - Store Director